DEHCR Homeless Case Management Services (HCMS) and State Shelter Subsidy Grant (SSSG) HCMS
These instructions are intended for shelter projects receiving the DEHCR Homeless Case ManagementServices (HCMS) and State Shelter Subsidy Grant (SSSG HCMS) funding. All funded projects must inform the HMIS System Administrator in their region of the grant award and fund dates to ensure the shelter project is set up correctly in HMIS.
The DEHCR HCMS and SSSG HCMS funded agencies have additional questions on the enrollment screen and additional service transaction and referral documentation requirements in HMIS.
Required HCMS Questions for both project types:
There are FOUR selections of household types for DEHCR HCMS:
- Homelss individual(s) accompanied by minor children (including children who are 18 and still in school)
- Homeless individual who is pregnant
- Homeless individual(s) unaccompanied by minor children, but are the non-custodial parent(s)
- Homeless individual(s) unaccompanied by children, who are between ages of 18-24, and accompanied by another person related by blood or marriage
There is ONE selection for SSSG HCMS households:
- SSSG HCMS program participant
*NEW JULY 1, 2023 DEHCR HCMS requested a workflow change*
Referrals have moved to the enrollment with drop down options. A response is required for each tracked referral on enrollment. Any updates to these referrals must be captured in a status update and at exit.
SSSG HCMS referrals are captured on the services tab of the enrollment
To view how to run the required quarterly and annual reports for both HCMS programs, please visit:
To find the DEHCR Homeless Case Management Services grant requirements AND the recorded training click here: